top of page

MNsure and DHS still accepting paper applications

People having trouble online can submit paper applications for public and private insurance through MNsure

Individuals seeking coverage for both public and private insurance through MNsure can submit paper applications if they are having trouble getting through online via the MNsure website. People who have already applied online through MNsure and received their official Health Care Notice in the mail or who have submitted a paper application do not need to take any immediate action. Consumers who submit a paper application and are eligible for tax credits or are looking to purchase private insurance will still need to complete the enrollment process online.

“While applying online is still the best and quickest way to find out whether you are eligible for affordable coverage,” said Department of Human Services Commissioner Lucinda Jesson, “we want to make sure that those experiencing trouble have an alternate path to get the coverage they need. Applicants and enrollees for public programs should call the DHS Member Help Desk.”

Since Oct. 1, 2013, over 6,000 paper applications have been processed by DHS and MNsure.

“A paper application has always been an option for consumers and today we are reemphasizing that this option exists for consumers who have experienced issues with MNsure,” added Scott Leitz, interim MNsure CEO.

Medical Assistance is available for most individuals making less than $15,281 per year. Parents, children, and pregnant women can have more income based on family size.

MinnesotaCare is available for individuals making up to $22,980. This amount increases for households with more family members.

Tax credits may be available for individuals making between $22,980 and $44,960.

How to submit a paper application:

If you were unable to create an account or complete an online application, click here for paper applications:

If you need assistance completing the application, you can get help through the assistor network. A list of application assistors can be found at:

Submit the completed and signed paper applications by:

Fax to 651-431-7750 Mail to MNsure Operations PO Box 64252 St. Paul, MN 55164-0252. In-Person Submission at the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Elmer L. Andersen Human Services Building (first floor), 540 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55101 or at your county human services agency.

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page